Saturday, November 9, 2013

In My Arms ISO

Have you ever fallen in love with a carrier just to find out it's hard to find (HTF) or highly sought after (HSA)?  At some point in your babywearing days you'll be in search of (ISO) or even desperately in search of (DISO) a carrier.  It could be your first carrier or your twentieth or even you've lost track of how many churner flavor of the week carrier.  ISO answering mamas are a huge blessing to those that seek limited edition, HTF, HSA carriers, or just looking for some great deals.  Sometimes though these ISOs come with larger than life/retail price tags.  Regardless, if you've ever been DISO a carrier that has been fulfilled, you will understand the joy that comes to your heart when you are asked to pay and then again when you receive it.  It's different than receiving any other fluffy mail.  It's more than Christmas. 
   
PAXbaby has a wonderful ISO Angel service.  Randomly they  will post asking for your ISOs of carriers that they carry or have carried in the past.  The ISO Angel  pulls strings, searches boxes being sent for conversions, unreleased boxes, etc to find as many ISOs as she can.  Unfortunately not everyone's ISOs are found nor fulfilled, but when just one is it truly is like winning the lottery. 
Recently I added my ISO to PAXbaby's ISO Angel List.  Within a week I was sent a link to pay, I ransacked the house for things to sell. Bought my ISO.  Stalked it with tracking.  Checked my door/porch 3 times within the hour it was marked delivered.  Called the post master.  Snooped on neighbors doorsteps looking at their packages.  The post master appeared and snooped in my neighbors' mailboxes.  Package was located and I was hugging my wrap.  I opened the package before even heading inside my house.  Both babies were napping so I wore it as a shirt.  I swear it never fails.  Fluffy mail only comes when your wrapee is asleep.
Soon though baby girl woke up and we were off to playing.  The best part for me is that I received a woven I love and didn't have to pay over retail.  My ISO was Girasol Zig Zag.  It is a new herringbone weave with colored weft stripes and cream warp.  It truly makes it one of a kind.  This baby was like touching a cloud.  It was soooo soft.  I quickly did a FWCC to test drive it.  OH MY it was one of the easiest FWCC I've ever done, in fact I actually got it too tight!  It's quite thin but very supportive.  My size 6 folds up to about the same size as my ring sling, so it's been going everywhere with us in the diaper bag.  I've had it for almost a month now and just now washed it.  Since it was so soft I didn't feel like it needed to be washed to help break it in.  Except for Halloween I haven't even used any other wrap :/
I've also fulfilled DISOs.  It's a high knowing that your carrier will not only be loved but will be treated like it's a king or queen!
Have you ever received for fulfilled an ISO request?  What was it?


C.J. North is a Babywearing Institute Scholar who is also an aspiring photographer. She stays home with her three kids; 6yo stepson, 3yo son, and 8mo daughter. C.J. has always loved working with children. In her spare time, she manages the allergy and special needs of her family, while being overly addicted to research.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment